A Gamified AR App for Every Child
Kids in Nature or KiN is a gamified Augmented Reality (AR) app specially designed for children with special needs. This innovative app transforms the great outdoors into an accessible and delightful playground, ensuring every child can explore, learn, and play in the beauty of the natural world.
- Inclusive Exploration: ”KiN” is built with inclusivity in mind, offering a gamified experience that accommodates diverse needs and abilities. Children of all abilities can engage with the app, fostering a sense of unity in nature exploration.
- Immersive AR Technology: Harnessing the power of Augmented Reality, the app brings nature to life in a captivating and interactive way. Find and sort animals and enjoy the beauty of the outdoors in a magical, digital realm.
- Accessible Learning: Each aspect of the app is designed for accessibility. The user-friendly interface, customizable settings, and adaptable content ensure that children with different needs can comfortably navigate and enjoy the experience.
- Educational Adventures: ”KiN” goes beyond entertainment; it’s an educational tool that sparks curiosity. Children can learn about various plants, animals, and ecosystems through fun challenges and interactive activities.
- Joyful Learning: We believe learning should be a joyful adventure. ”KiN” transforms education into an exciting journey, inspiring a love for nature while promoting cognitive development.
- Inclusivity Matters: Every child deserves the opportunity to explore the wonders of nature. ”KiN” is committed to breaking barriers, ensuring that children with special needs can join in the fun of outdoor discovery.
- Digital meets Nature: By seamlessly integrating digital elements with the beauty of the natural world, the app encourages children to engage with and appreciate the environment around them.
- Parent and Educator Approved: ”KiN” has been developed with input from parents, educators, and the children it is developed for to ensure its effectiveness in providing a positive and enriching experience for children with special needs.
Developed in collaboration with Tensaii:
Alexandra Björnham – project manager
Katerina Pistola – UX researcher
Anders Berglund – Graphic design and illustrations
Tiina Rytky – Pedagog